What benefits do you get from taking out a CSA
1. You do not have to pay a Day License at events
2. You have Insurance from Hollard Insurance that covers
medical expenses up to R20 000 if you are involved in a
cycling accident if you are taking part in a CSA
3. You have Road Cover Insurance and access to
professional assistance to claim from the Road Accident
Fund in the case of an accident if you are out training
or taking part in an organised event.
4. Your licensing fee goes towards running events in the
province and helps to bring entry fees down.
5. You receive a membership card which is also a loyalty
benefits card which can be used at various retail
stores. Few stores are linked currently but CSA will be
adding to the list from requests that you the cyclist gives
through to them.
6. You CSA Membership Card will be used at local
events to identify you as a CSA Member and which club
you belong to.
7. You can enter the ECC Provincial Road and Time Trial
Championships and receive line honors and be in
contention for provincial colours. Without a CSA License
you can only participate without recognition.
What is the costs for
Current fees are R150
towards CSA and R50 towards East Cape Cycling i.e. Total
of R200 per year.
Full Racing License
You need to take out the Membership License as above
plus the Full Racing License which is R350. The
total amount will thus be R550 per year.
License Validity Period
Membership is valid for 12 months and you renew each
year in the month you purchased the license.
Full Racing License expire on 31 December each year.
CSA Web Site
here to take out a CSA License
RoadCover and Hollard's Medical Benefits
The inclusion of RoadCover into Hollard's medical
benefits is of great advantage
to Cycling SA members, and the best part is that it is
all-inclusive in the annual membership fee.
RoadCover is a service offering that manages it's
members claims with the Road Accident Fund (RAF) from
start to finish and assists them in order to be
compensated by the RAF in full, at no extra cost to
The benefits of RoadCover:
- Members will have a dedicated RoadCover Legal
practitioner to formulate their claim with the RAF
- RoadCover manages the entire claim from start to
finish, effectively halving the claim turnaround
- Members receive 100% of the RAF payout - RoadCover
charges no additional fees
- For the duration of the claim the individual receives
o Legal representation
o Administration and claims
o Accident reconstruction
o Required Medico-legal reports
o Required actuarial reports
o Past and future loss of earning
o Past and future loss of support
Who is entitled to claim?
- A Cycling SA member limited to any form of cycling
activity, being training, competition or social riding
- The dependant of a deceased victim
- A close relative of the deceased in respect of funeral
- A claimant under the age of 18 who must be assisted by
a parent or legal guardian
What could you claim for?
- Medical expenses (past and future)
- Funeral expenses
- Loss of earnings or income if a person is disabled
(past and future)
- Loss of support for a dependant of a deceased victim
(breadwinner, past and future)
- General damages for pain, suffering and disfigurement
in the case of bodily injury as determined after
examining the extent and severity of the injury
Why must I join a club?
Within the NMB District we want to reinstate that pride
that used to exist within the cycling community of
belonging to a club and proudly wearing the clubs kit.
Clubs are the foundation pillars for a provincial body
and have a strong voice and say in the running of
matters within the province. Your contribution and
association with a club makes the province strong in the
running and administration of cycling and events that
are held within the district and province.
You need to belong to and ECC affiliated club to receive
ECC Provincial Colours
NMB District Club Details
Fat Tracks MTB Club
Chairperson: Johan Gerryts
Friendly City Cycling Club
Chairperson: Cheeky Armstrong
Imveli Cycling Academy
Chairperson: Lukholo Badi
Masters and Ladies Cycling Club
Chairperson: Dennis Ehlers
Chairperson: Theresa Le Roux
PE Cycling Club
Chairperson: Theo von Ruben
St Francis Bay Cycling Club
Chairperson: Keith Donaldson
Tiger Track MTB Club
Chairperson: Daniel Pienaar School
Siyanqoba Cycling Club
Chairperson: Yster Xati
VW Cycling Club
Chairperson: Anthonette Miller
Walmer Cycling Club
Chairperson: Kobus van Heerden